Join the Fast-Growing Company that is Revolutionizing IT Operations Management.
Engineering | Reston, Virginia
ScienceLogic, Inc, an award winning technology company specializing in web & network monitoring is looking for mid-level Software Quality Assurance Engineer for web application and API integration testing. Ideal candidates will be able to conduct a wide range of tests and analysis with full competency to ensure that software, systems, and services meet minimum standards and defined end-user and system requirements.
- Contribute, as part of a team, towards organizational goal of providing high quality products.
- Test, through all stages of the software lifecycle.
- Design, maintain, and execute test cases.
- Work with software engineers to analyze test results and debug problems.
- Translates assigned end-user requirements into fully documented test cases and scripts in accordance with approved test plans.
- Creates and executes efficient database queries to support, perform, or validate test cases.
- Interacts with test team and other groups to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases.
- Executes test cases and scripts manually, using automated test tools, or through database queries.
- Evaluates results of test execution and records, retests, and closes defects when expected results not achieved.
- Report progress and issues to test management and participates in test team status meetings as required.
- Participates in review of project requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-6 years practical QA experience.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Comprehension of test management, defect tracking, and requirements management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Basic programming or scripting skills (PHP, Python, etc) are a plus.
- Experience testing in Linux, Windows and Mac OSX.
- XML with SOAP
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems, SNMP, MIBs and Clusters is a plus.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Apply for a Position
Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email and submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Via Mail or Fax
10700 Parkridge Blvd. Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: 703-354-1010 or 1-800-SCI-LOGIC
Due to the anticipated volume of resumes, we will only be able to respond to those applicants that meet the requirements as outlined in the openings. Submissions should clearly state the position of interest.
Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.