Join the Fast-Growing Company that is Revolutionizing IT Operations Management.
Software Engineer – Amazon Web Services
Engineering | Reston, Virginia or RTP, NC
ScienceLogic, Inc. is seeking an ambitious software engineer who will create solutions that use EM7, our monitoring application/platform, to manage third party systems. Deep knowledge and experience with AWS will be required to help influence and implement our AWS monitoring solution. This will be done using EM7’s frameworks to create custom configurations and code that will collect relevant data and relationships to enable our customers to recognize, investigate and act on problems in their AWS and hybrid cloud solutions.
The position will work with Product Management to create a customer-driven and market-leading AWS Platform Monitoring solution:
- Recommend, design and implement AWS Monitoring solutions that bring value to our customer and enable them to grow their deployments more quickly, efficiently and with more visibility
- Recommend, design and implement solutions for deploying EM7 on AWS and enabling our customers to get value faster
- Recommend, design and implement changes and enhancements to the core EM7 capability set to make developing solutions easier or more functional – and delight our customers with innovative and intuitive features at the same time.
- Create documentation of third party system management interfaces, available monitoring data, and processes for management
- Review and help form requirements, use cases, user acceptance criteria, system design, test plans, and test results
- Respond to any post-release customer issues with solutions as request through Support
- Research potential solutions as requested by Product Management and in concert with other Engineering groups (e.g. Architecture, Core Development)
- Perform market research to keep up with current state-of-the-art in systems and network management
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following specific technical areas:
- BSCS degree and 5+ years of programming experience
- Python (2+ years) active working knowledge
- AWS Platform (1+ years) experience using and monitoring
- Linux (bash shell)
- MySQL/SQL experience is desirable
- SNMP and/or Network Management background is desirable
- XML/XPath/XSLT (XMLSpy or similar tool) is desirable
- SOAP (SOAPUI or similar tool, used for creating requests, parsing responses) is desirable
- As this job will require interacting with a variety of customers, developers, and vendors, all candidates must have strong verbal and written communication abilities and be comfortable with writing various types of documentation.
Apply for a Position
Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email and submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Via Mail or Fax
10700 Parkridge Blvd. Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: +1.703.354.1010 or +1.800.724.5644
Due to the anticipated volume of resumes, we will only be able to respond to those applicants that meet the requirements as outlined in the openings. Submissions should clearly state the position of interest.
Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
ScienceLogic delivers the next generation IT monitoring platform for the network of everything. Over 15,000 global Service Providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic every day to significantly enhance their IT operations. With complete Hybrid IT monitoring, total Amazon Web Services (AWS) visibility, and over 1,000 dynamic management Apps included in the platform, our customers are able to intelligently maximize efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. We deliver the scale, security, automation, and resiliency necessary to simplify the ever-expanding task of managing IT resources, services, and applications that are in constant motion.