Join the Fast-Growing Company that is Revolutionizing IT Operations Management.
Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Engineering | Reston, Virginia
ScienceLogic is seeking Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer that will develop and implement very data-focused testing procedures to ensure the continued quality of our data and the integrity of our product EM7. Ideal candidates will be able to conduct a wide range of tests and analysis with full competency to ensure that software, systems, and services meet minimum standards and defined end-user and system requirements.
The candidate for this position must have the ability to work as an individual contributor, team member in a position to test and validate data on tight schedules throughout the development cycle. The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills required.
The team is built with a small group of highly-motivated engineers who enjoy working on technically challenging projects. Each team member makes significant contributions with big impact on the success of the company.
- 6-7 years practical QA experience.
- 3+ years experience in high-volume data testing environments.
- Demonstrated experience defining testing methodology for data projects.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Comprehension of data validation, test management, defect tracking, and requirements management tools.
- Basic programming skills (PHP, Python, XML, etc) are a plus.
- Experience with SQL required. MySQL is a plus.
- Experience testing in Linux, Windows and Mac OSX environments.
- Experience in web application testing.
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems, SNMP, MIBs and Clusters is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute, as part of a team, towards organizational goal of providing high quality products.
- Test, through all stages of the software lifecycle.
- Design, maintain, and execute test cases.
- Work with software engineers to analyze test results and debug problems.
- Translates assigned end-user requirements into fully documented test cases and scripts in accordance with approved test plans.
- Creates and executes efficient database queries to support, perform, or validate test cases.
- Interacts with test team and other groups to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases.
- Executes test cases and scripts manually, using automated test tools, or through database queries.
- Evaluates results of test execution and records, retests, and closes defects when expected results not achieved.
- Report progress and issues to test management and participates in test team status meetings as required.
- Participates in review of project requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements.
Apply for a Position
Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email and submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Via Mail or Fax
10700 Parkridge Blvd. Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: 703-354-1010 or 1-800-SCI-LOGIC
Due to the anticipated volume of resumes, we will only be able to respond to those applicants that meet the requirements as outlined in the openings. Submissions should clearly state the position of interest.
Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.