As you move to the cloud, how do you manage a cloud computing environment that you may not have...
It's a time of great change for IT organizations in government and education. The drive to bring down costs – while increasing efficiency and responsiveness – is relentless. Virtualization, cloud, and mobile technologies offer new ways to achieve all this, but introduce their own challenges and risks.
With technology changes, you may have accumulated numerous management and monitoring tools. While each may serve a purpose well, each requires specialized knowledge and usually is poorly integrated with other tools (even if they are part of a vendor's management suite). ScienceLogic's customers know that there is a better way.
Learn how a university with sprawling IT operations achieved operational excellence by adopting one platform.
The University of Arizona's central IT department supports more than 14,000 staff and faculty and more than 38,000 students with mission-critical infrastructure, services, and applications. Among the problems IT faced: departments often used their own servers and email systems. When performance or availability problems arose, IT had difficulty locating the cause.
Read the University of Arizona Customer Success Story to learn how the ScienceLogic solution allowed the university to simplify IT management and monitoring.
Discover how to modernize your IT operations, keep them secure and compliant, and not break your budget.
ScienceLogic simplifies IT operations management and continuous monitoring. Whether your application services run in the data center or the cloud, ScienceLogic gives you a state-of-the-art product to auto-discover, monitor, and manage your dynamic infrastructure and applications.
- Single management platform replaces multiple, disparate tools
- Intelligent event management (de-dups, filtering, event clearing) eliminates alert storms to improve operational responsiveness and efficiency
- Automated asset discovery and management
- Monitoring of dynamic physical and virtual resources
- Multi-tenant management and reporting of on-site, remote, and cloud resources
- Integrated IT ticketing
- REST-based API and self-service portal for integration with home-grown and third-party applications and databases
- Customizable, role-specific dashboards for service management, system health and application performance monitoring, SLA compliance, trends, IT ticket status, and more
- Support for most infrastructure elements right out of the box; ability to create management templates for non-standard devices
- Pre-built best-practice management templates for out-of-the-box application and service monitoring; customizable templates for monitoring custom applications
- Run book automation, enabling faster response to incidents and faster, more reliable execution of repetitive tasks
- Hardened 64-bit Linux platform delivered as physical or virtual appliance
- Flexible architecture for distributed data collection on-site, at remote locations and in the cloud
- Encrypted communications between data collectors and central database
- Secure and resilient architecture; HA/DR configurations included in software license
- Perform continuous monitoring of all critical infrastructure and services from a single web interface.
- Consolidate multiple tools to simplify management while saving software license and maintenance fees, training and administration time.
- Monitor and manage virtualization and cloud migrations without needing to acquire and learn new tools.
- Improve user satisfaction through proactive management and faster, more effective response to incidents that threaten service availability and performance.
- Increase operations efficiency with integrated run book automation capabilities that automate repetitive tasks, set monitoring thresholds, alerting, notification, and escalation policies when new devices are added, and query third-party tools for additional diagnostics as part of automated troubleshooting.
- Improve customer communications and satisfaction by enabling users to create and track their own tickets.
Your system administrators and network engineers get the tools and views to manage the components that make up IT service delivery (e.g., servers, virtual machines, networks, storage, clouds, and applications). With fault management, availability and performance monitoring, asset tracking, run book automation, and ticketing — the full spectrum of IT operations management – in one product, you don't have to deal with multiple tools and vendors. Our Open API makes it simple to integrate with legacy web-based tools and applications.
ScienceLogic’s distributed architecture is scalable, secure, and resilient. Disaster recovery and fail-over capabilities are included. Maintenance upgrades require no product downtime or interruption to data collection. The product installs easily and delivers value in hours. Customers tell us, “It just works.”