To get a true picture of your IT service delivery, cut across the operational silos that build...
The network slows, email goes down, or customers are having trouble placing orders. That's the time for your IT operations team to consider a better network performance monitoring and management solution than the complex set of tools they've been using. Or maybe the time is before the major outage occurs?
Out of the box, collect rich performance data through embedded management templates for leading vendors.
Access fault and performance information from the same centralized datastore for rapid troubleshooting.
Customize performance metrics and KPIs down to the business service.
ScienceLogic allows you to ramp up your infrastructure's system and network performance monitoring and simplify its management. ScienceLogic's network performance monitoring solution provides detailed analysis, management, and reporting on all aspects of your network. You get a complete IT management solution that provides end-to-end performance monitoring for your infrastructure, including monitoring of applications, networks, and systems, and performance analysis.
Map and manage your entire system for better performance results.
Performance monitoring is a basic ingredient in the ScienceLogic solution. From network performance monitoring usage and application and system usage to fault prevention and capacity planning, ScienceLogic provides a complete IT management solution.
- Performance monitoring for the following, with related events and alerts at granular levels:
- device availability
- TCP port availability and security
- bandwidth usage
- network and system latency
- system and device status
- packet errors and packet discards to identify potential bottlenecks and irregularities
- content verification against your intranet and internet web servers – speed and size, name resolution time, and content validation
- email server availability and performance
- IP usage and allocation
- CPU, file system, memory
- software and patches
- A single, central view into your entire infrastructure
- Integrated management applications that share a common data repository
- Substantial knowledgebase of manufacturer device types and categories used for network auto-discovery
- Business-relation mapping and custom business process views
- Customizable management templates to monitor any network device or network application and create policies and performance metrics
- Ability to work with other interfaces within your enterprise, including more than 240 different IANA interface types, with management and monitoring just like a typical Ethernet interface
- Real-time reporting on device performance and availability
- Percentile reporting calculations for bandwidth usage
- Detailed reports on processor loads and file-system, with granularities as small as fifteen-minute intervals
- Event management – trends and status
- IT ticketing management – trends and status
- Asset and hardware inventory
- Monitor and manage a virtually unlimited range of hardware and software.
- Fine-tune performance thresholds, and select the parameters that are most important to your business.
- Diagnose and detect irregularities before problems occur.
- View infrastructure holistically to identify root causes and relationships quickly.
- Improve quality of service, ensuring that mission-critical applications and infrastructure are always available.
- Improve the ease and efficiency of staff and customer work.
- Troubleshoot with greater precision, and save hours of diagnostics.
- Automate corrective actions and recovery to save hours of maintenance.
- Respond quickly to incidents with integrated IT ticketing and event management system.
- Research device perfomance and availability quickly with real-time, unified reporting.
- Audit assets, and use resources more efficiently.
Devices and interfaces, whatever and wherever they are, are automatically discovered and mapped. From Day One, ScienceLogic automatically collects and manages performance metrics for networking equipment, servers, and business-critical applications.
Network performance monitoring applications all share a common data repository. By simplifying data integration, ScienceLogic improves efficiency, lowers costs, and provides a unified and secure performance management solution.
The ScienceLogic solution incorporates business-relation mapping and custom business process views, so your management and staff can view interdependent systems and processes. You can create custom reports and identify trends that are focused on your business needs.
ScienceLogic management templates allow you and your customers to manage any network device or network application according to uniform standards, according to customized performance metrics and policies. Quickly deploy monitoring standards that are tailored to meet your specific business requirements. Monitor a wide variety of network functions and turn on alerts for definable performance thresholds at levels as granular as you need. ScienceLogic can even provide content verification against your intranet and internet web servers.
PERFORMANCE MONITORING POLICIES AND REPORTS
- Email server availability and speed of round-trip emails, down to five-minute intervals if needed
- Web content availability, page size, download speed, DNS speed, connection speed, and transaction time, down to five-minute intervals if needed
- Services running and not running on each device, and the memory and CPU time used by each service
- Processes running and not running on each device, and the memory and CPU time used by each process
- Processor load, down to 15-minute intervals if needed
- File space used percentage, down to 15-minute intervals if needed
- Hardware thresholds that can be customized for each device and generate events when exceeded
The ScienceLogic solution automatically generates events and notifications when critical thresholds are exceeded, or processes fail, according to your tailor-made eventing policies.
Operator performance is just as critical as network performance monitoring. ScienceLogic takes performance management to a new level with an integrated IT ticketing and event management system. The ability for you to respond and repair incidents can make a critical difference to making your service levels.