Visualize this. With each ScienceLogic dashboard, your business comes alive in front of your...
To effectively manage today’s complex IT infrastructure, administrators must automate as many processes and repeatable tasks as possible. The ScienceLogic platform includes powerful IT automation features that remove human intervention to increase your operational efficiency and help you meet compliance mandates and service level requirements.
From simple alert notifications to running custom scripts on third-party systems, ScienceLogic provides the flexibility that enables immediate, hands-free detection and remediation with fully integrated ticketing and documentation.
Take the easy way to best practices.
ScienceLogic role-based administration supports best-practice workflow operations, automatically executing pre-defined actions when specified network events occur. Event criteria is defined in automation policies to send an email notification, send a SNMP trap or SNMP set, create a new ticket, or execute a SQL query.
- Pre-define any number of automated actions to respond to events. Automated actions can include notifications, auto-ticketing, and queries, or set values, service restarts, and more.
- Automatically run custom scripts stored in the ScienceLogic product for highly customized event responses and seamless interaction with third-party systems.
- Where there is a need for complex event responses, chain actions into multi-step automated responses.
RUNBOOK AUTOMATION FEATURES
- Event-triggered automation policies that can kick off actions
- Automatically create tickets
- Send custom email messages
- Send custom SNMP trap or SNMP set to remote systems
- Run SQL statements against ScienceLogic or remote databases
- Run a custom snippet of code on a ScienceLogic collector
- Simple or advanced logic for action policy detection
- Multiple actions within a single policy for compound automation
- Action based on whether event is generated or cleared
- Actions run in sequence, with the result of one action becoming input to the next
- Run book automation policies filtering
- Event “dwell time”
- Event severity
- Specific event policies
- Specific devices
- Specific organizations
- Pattern match within the event message text
- Event acknowledgement state
- Actions based on rich context information, enabled by access to comprehensive ScienceLogic's data identifiers
- 60+ values available via substitution characters
- Substitions characters including
- Triggering event
- Event policy
- Record for the organization in which the event occurred
- Asset record with full configuration and location information for the impacted device
ScienceLogic also provides a self-documenting RESTful-based Open API to integrate and automate operations with third-party tools, scripts, portals, and databases. The API offers a secure environment to execute custom scripts with minimal impact on production systems.