Visualize this. With each ScienceLogic dashboard, your business comes alive in front of your...
Billing and Chargeback
Both enterprises and service providers have good reason to measure who's consuming how much of shared resources such as bandwidth, and when the bill comes due, it had better be accurate. ScienceLogic offers automated features that allows you to manage accurate chargeback and billing according to your customers' actual usage, no matter how dynamic the environment.
Automated billing and chargeback is one part of the ScienceLogic solution for monitoring IT operations down to granular levels and providing greater transparency for both service providers and customers. Billing and chargeback, when done right, can help you build your customers' trust in your service delivery, while reducing the labor required.
- Customizable SKUs for easy management of service provider offerings
- Customizable billing rates and rules for direct costs, allocated or tiered costs, and even metered costs based on actual collected performance data
- Built-in network bandwidth billing
- Usage collected per customer through one or multiple interfaces
- Billing methodologies including interface throughput, amount of data transferred with percentile calculations, and usage-based calculations for inbound, outbound, or accumulative use
- Bandwidth billing report showing normal costs as well as overage charges based on billing policies defined per customer
- Customer self-service portal for access to billing reports, utilization graphs, dashboards, and more
Run your service provider business more efficiently, and earn the trust of your customers with highly accurate bandwidth billing.
ScienceLogic offers bandwidth billing processes and reporting that correctly reflects customer usage. The ScienceLogic solution is a proven service provider operations platform, with the capabilities to manage shared resources in a multi-tenant environment. Built-in chargeback/showback features help to automate the customer billing process, with customized product catalog SKUs and automated billing calculations based on each customer’s actual usage and billing terms.
Move the corporate IT private cloud toward a service provider model, and manage chargeback/showback.
If you're in an IT organization that operates a private cloud, you must learn to act like a service provider to the rest of the business. This means strategically pooling your compute resources to maximize efficiency, flexibility, and availability, and offering a services out of the private cloud for consumption by your internal customers – departments or business lines. For budgeting or allocation of actual costs, use chargeback/showback tools that can measure and report against your individual customer consumption of the organization's shared resources.