Visualize this. With each ScienceLogic dashboard, your business comes alive in front of your...
Management tool APIs can be complex, poorly documented, and hard to use. They are usually limited to specific programming languages, or worse, require expertise in multiple languages. Management suites that were assembled over time by large companies buying up smaller companies' disparate technologies often incorporate APIs that were never intended to work together. Each has its own design and programming standards, which can cause problems down the line.
That's not true for ScienceLogic's open source API.
With ScienceLogic, you can customize and automate data center and private cloud monitoring using REST-based web services to enable true business agility. The power to integrate server monitoring with other tools is placed in the hands of your organization's engineers. If you have other management tools or business systems in place, keep using them – aligning IT with the business quickly and easily.
Whether you are a service provider, an enterprise, or a government agency, transforming your IT operations to a private cloud is probably on your radar. The ScienceLogic open source REST API allows automated monitoring provisioning and data integration with third-party web applications, such as billing systems, and customer portals.
Learn how ScienceLogic's open source REST API is different.
Designed using REST, Sciencelogic's open source API was created with usability and rich functionality in mind.
- Powerful REST-based web services APIs via a secure, multi-tenant interface
- Provisioning APIs that support automatic discovery of newly provisioned devices; and the immediate application of a specific monitoring policy
- Performance data APIs that support extraction of specific data sets for consolidated reporting via a data warehouse or integration into a custom portal
- Ticket management APIs that allow close integration of the ScienceLogic ticketing system with third-party interfaces
- Support for integration of the following with other third-party management solutions:
- RSS feeds
ScienceLogic's open source API can be used by applications written in any modern programming language, such as Java, Python, PHP, Perl, C#, and the like, and because it uses REST, it is self-documenting and easy to use.