Business users love the cloud because it allows rapid IT response to emerging business needs....
Network engineers know the challenge of figuring out whether a device is available and how it is performing, including monitoring interface performance. ScienceLogic's network management software capabilities provide a consolidated network monitoring system for all your network devices. Using the ScienceLogic solution helps your network engineers to maximize availability and optimize performance of the network by suppressing flapping, de-duping events, and reducing false positives and overall “noise.”
Automate network monitoring and management of heterogeneous devices.
View key events and metrics using out-of-the-box or customized policies.
Integrate storage management with asset tracking and ticketing on a single platform.
Through the ScienceLogic software solution, network device information is available and automated, including the ability to identify and track key trends and performance indicators.
- Full-featured interface monitoring and measurement for any interface – utilization, errors, and discards as well as dozens of other metrics
- Management templates for network device profiling during discovery and automatic application of best-practices-based monitoring templates
- Network discovery with automated Layer 2/Layer 3 and VLAN-based topology mapping
- Data collection on interface properties like MAC addresses, IP addresses, aliases, IANA type, and other network information
- Ability to have multiple agents on a single node through sophisticated credentialing
- Comprehensive trend graphing and reporting of usage and metrics
- Auto-populated asset records and collected configuration data for network devices
- Asynchronous message collection for fault detection – syslogs, traps (SNMP v1, v2, v3), v3 Informs
- Flexible management templates also monitor networking protocols including Cisco IPSLA, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc), MPLS, and GRE
- Support for SNMP Proxy and SNMP V3 with contexts
- Customizable thresholds for interface utilization, errors, and discards; adjust thresholds in bulk or individually for each interface
- Mapping per device group
NETWORK DEVICE VENDORS SUPPORTED
ScienceLogic uses device classes and network management templates to automatically provide device availability and performance of known devices. Real-time statistics for the entire network on performance indicators such as utilization rates, errors, and discards are neatly packaged in a single view.
Monitoring network device availability and performance and building a network map has never been easier. The ScienceLogic network management software solution provides an inventory of your entire network by reviewing all interfaces on each network device, the IP addresses in use, MAC addresses, and interface speeds. The solution also builds a topology map of connected devices and gathers performance statistics about each.