Business users love the cloud because it allows rapid IT response to emerging business needs....
If you don't already know that virtualization is a disruptive technology, then you haven't been watching. With virtualization, the only way for you to understand how applications are performing for your end user is to measure end-to-end response times. In a virtualized environment, problems in the server, the network, or the application become your entire IT team’s responsibility. An IT monitoring and management tool that focuses only on one area of your infrastructure? Not so useful.
Support all leading hypervisors.
Reduce Mean Time to Recovery by seeing the impact of virtualized resources on each other.
Track and trend virtualized assets in motion.
ScienceLogic provides a single powerful tool for server virtualization monitoring and IT monitoring and management, giving you visibility across the components of your virtual environment.
- Auto-discovery and visualization of the entire virtualized environment
- Auto-discovery and mapping of the hierarchical relationships between virtualized components – from the hypervisor and guest OS to applications, hardware, clustering, network, security, and storage devices
- Correlation of events to affected components
- Auto-detection of component movement (for example, vMotion of a Linux VM from one ESXi server to another)
- Automated event correlation and alarm suppression for virtual machines
- Support for VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer APIs
- Integration with configuration and performance/availability reporting
- Planning and capacity sample reporting – virtualization infrastructure, virtualization server candidates, and VM utilization projection
- Daily operations sample reporting – VM health, VM migration, VM interface utilization, and VM software compliance
- Get support for the leading hypervisors:
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft HyperV
- VMware, including the latest version of VMware vCenter/ESXi
- Streamline the correlation between all the components of virtual infrastructure, and understand how the components impact each other.
- Reduce Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR) by reducing the impact of layers on each other.
- Consolidate multiple collection mechanisms into a single monitoring tool for redundant visibility into overall and granular performance.
- Support heterogeneous virtual environments for all layers in the stack and multiple hypervisors, all through one management solution.
Based on ScienceLogic's technology platform for integrated IT infrastructure management, a complete server virtualization monitoring solution allows you to monitor all the critical components of your virtualization deployments – from the hypervisor and guest operating systems to applications, hardware, clustering, network, security, and storage infrastructure.
You get views into your virtualization deployments, event management, and reporting capabilities.
Keep an eye on the topology and configuration of your virtualized infrastrastructure.
Using unique dynamic component mapping, ScienceLogic offers out-of-the-box management templates that automatically discover and map the relationships between all virtualization components.
Relationships between virtualization and other infrastructure components such as networks and storage are also mapped. Any changes in the relationship hierarchy, such as a vMotion event that moves a virtual machine from one server to another, are automatically detected and the map updated, so the version that you see is always current.
With ScienceLogic, you can create dynamic device groups to map components to services – so you can see which components support a specific service, such as an application or user community. You can also apply management policies to the device groups that remain in place, even as devices are added to or removed from the group.