Learn the Skills to Optimize How Best to Use Your ScienceLogic IT Monitoring and Management System.
We urge our customers to take advantage of our professional training services to improve the ways they use the ScienceLogic solution. In addition to our professional training staff’s deep understanding of the ScienceLogic platform, all of them are industry experts who have first-hand knowledge of business and IT operations challenges. All of our training courses feature hands-on training and real-world examples that follow the industry’s best practices. Our sessions are designed to meet your organization’s specific and targeted training needs.
In-person training can be held either at our headquarters in Reston, Virginia, or on-site at your installation. We can also design a custom curriculum to meet your specific needs, with class sizes comprising only your IT staff or all members of your entire organization. We will tailor our course delivery options to fit your schedule, location, or budgetary needs. We offer a number of delivery options for our training courses:
- E-Learning Classroom
- Certification Program
Key Benefits & Features
- Earn certifications from the industry leader in ultra-flexible, ultra scalable, carrier-grade network monitoring systems
- Become fluent in our Smart Action™ runbook automation best practices and learn how to customize your own automation policies
- Increase your value at your organization
- Raise your confidence level about your skill set
All of the ScienceLogic training options are comprehensive, precise, targeted, and consistent. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on ScienceLogic’s training!
ScienceLogic Training FAQ
Headquarters On-site Classroom Questions
- When does the training start and when does it end?
Certification trainings start at 9 a.m. local time and end at 5 p.m. local time in the afternoon.
- Where can I park my car?
There will be parking opportunities close to the ScienceLogic location.
- What is the exact location of the ScienceLogic Corporate Headquarters training facility?
10700 Parkridge Boulevard, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191
- I booked a seat for training. Can I change the reservation?
We generally offer the opportunity to change a reservation, provided that you oblige to another ScienceLogic training session. Cancelation without recommitment to another session will result in a fee. Please contact us for more information on how to change an existing reservation.
Custom Off-site Classroom Training Questions
- Will you come to our location and hold a custom training?
Yes, we offer custom trainings for clients wishing to cover subjects of their choosing at a site of their choosing. We will devise a delivery schedule that works for you based on 3-, 4-, and 5-day course options.
- Will you cover subject X or Y, so we can become masters of that product suite?
Yes, we customize our product suite around courseware to fit your needs. We will send you a list of course offerings for you to choose which ones you want.
Certification Training Questions
- How long does the certification training take?
The Professional and Expert Certification training sessions take three days overall, usually starting on a Tuesday and ending on a Thursday. The Bootcamp (Professional and Expert) training sessions take five days. The Deployment Engineer Certification takes two days.
- When does the training start and when does it end?
Certification trainings start at 9 a.m. local time and end at 5 p.m. local time in the afternoon. When will I take the exam?
The certification exa.m. is given on the last day of training. We will have a full review of the course material prior to the exam. Typically the exa.m. starts at 3:30 local time.
- What is the format of the test?
The Professional and Expert certification tests consist of 50 to 60 questions and are a combination of multiple choice and listing. There is no time limit for completion. You must complete the test with a score of 70% to pass. The Deployment Engineer Certification is awarded on the completion of a written site report based on the lab exercises completed during the class.
- When will I know my score?
After we grade your certification exam, we will send you an email confirming your score of pass or fail. A passing score will entitle you to receive your completion certificate via mail, and we will send your email banner via email.
Choose from a variety of course options to meet your needs:
- ScienceLogic Certified Professional – A 3-day class ending in a certification exam that identifies you as a network management specialist, placing you in the top tier of network engineers and demonstrating to your peers and your employer an unparalleled level of expertise. This is the ideal introduction to ScienceLogic!
- ScienceLogic Certified Expert – A 3-day class ending in a certification exam identifies you as having learned to manage a ScienceLogic system at the highest level. Beyond being able to use the system to monitor devices effectively, an SCE means that you know how to configure the system to meet business goals through customization and advanced configuration. You must have passed the SCP exam to take this class.
- ScienceLogic Certification Bootcamp – An intensive 5-day class that combines both the ScienceLogic Certified Professional and ScienceLogic Certified Expert classes.
- ScienceLogic Certified Deployment Engineer – A specialized 2-day class that covers how the successfully deploy a ScienceLogic system. You must have passed the SCP exam to take this class. Note that the SCDE class cannot be delivered on-site at your training facility.
- Custom Training – ScienceLogic courses can be delivered “off-the-shelf,” slightly modified, or completely customized for your learning needs. We design the courses to fit the goals important to you in order to produce immediate and measurable results.
ScienceLogic provides the following flexible options for delivering training:
- ScienceLogic Headquarters – We can provide the training facilities to meet your needs at our corporate headquarters in Reston, VA. Your staff will receive complementary lunch and have a stable learning environment to relax and learn the ScienceLogic product suite. Students are asked to bring their laptops, and we will conduct hands-on training from those laptops to access the equipment we provide.
- ScienceLogic-hosted Certifications – ScienceLogic regularly schedules our certification classes at locations around the world. Join other ScienceLogic customers in your area at a conveniently-located training facility. Students are asked to bring their laptops, and we will conduct hands-on training from those laptops to access the equipment we provide.
- Your Training Facility – More and more companies are realizing the value of bringing training on-site to their facilities. This flexible and cost-effective option allows you to train as many or as few employees as you like, from your team or department to everyone in your organization. For these sessions, you should have adequate training facilities available at your site. This includes a separate, quiet classroom, presentation materials such as projector, flip chart, and white boards, and training work stations or laptops for session attendees. We will conduct hands-on training either on your servers or on equipment we provide.
- Remote Training – Arrange for your staff to join us remotely using Cisco WebEx meeting software provided by ScienceLogic. Get the same content as a face-to-face session wherever you are in the world. Note that ScienceLogic certification exams cannot be administered remotely.