The surge in cloud adoption continues. Spend on global cloud IT infrastructure grew to $29 billion in 2015 alone.
The trend is undeniable. But migrating business-critical services to the cloud still presents concerns for enterprise IT staff.
If I asked you, “What’s the greatest obstacle enterprises face when deploying cloud solutions?” what would you say? I’d bet most IT professionals would respond, “Security.”
But that’s not the case, according to RightScale’s 2016 State of the Cloud Report. Their survey data points to “Lack of resources/expertise in deploying cloud solutions” as the primary concern among IT professionals (32%). Security came in second on the list (29%).
The Opportunity for MSPs
I interpret this as a tremendous market opportunity for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). They are able to provide the cloud platform resources and expertise many enterprises lack.
As a result, MSPs are seeing a larger uptick in service-related revenue.
All the top global MSPs manage Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, as well as their branded clouds.
Additionally, many manage IBM SoftLayer, Google Cloud Platform, and private cloud services.
“The job of an MSP these days has really changed from just being a hoster to really being an aggregator and a trusted advisor,” said Darrell Hyde, CTO at HOSTING. “HOSTING’s vision of the unified cloud is one in which customers don’t have to tightly couple the services that they want from us with a platform that we choose for them. We want the customers to have the ability to deploy their applications across whatever platform they want, be that AWS, or our VMware platform, our Hyper-V platform.”
Unified Cloud Strategy
This unified cloud strategy has one key element: a unified monitoring platform for multi- and hybrid-cloud infrastructure. That’s where ScienceLogic comes in to the picture.
With ScienceLogic, organizations are able to:
- Automatically discover and map dependencies of resources
- Track service migration between environments
- See entire infrastructure in one, unified view.
Does the service perform as well as it had before? Does the service perform better or worse in different geographical regions? What about zones of providers?
Organizations are able to make strategic decisions based on the data ScienceLogic provides.
So, MSPs are primed to step in and help the 32% of enterprises who lack the resources or expertise to deploy cloud solutions. But ScienceLogic can also assist. And if performance issues arise, you have the insight to remedy them fast.
Share This Post
- ScienceLogic Deepens Full Stack Visibility with Acquisition of AppFirst Recently, ScienceLogic announced their acquisition of AppFirst & shared plans to release industry's first converged platform offering in 2016. This is an exciting development you need to know about. Keep reading…
- VMware’s Future: Cloud-native Applications and Containers What does the future of VMware look like? We sifted through all the marketing hype presented at VMworld to get to the core of VMware's vision for road ahead. Keep reading…
- Top Challenge of Deploying Cloud Solutions MSPs are well-positioned to cash in on the cloud adoption trend by offering the resources and expertise enterprises need for successful cloud adoption. Keep reading…