What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for proven and energetic talent to join our team as a Professional Services Software Development Manager. In this role, you’ll be expected to further develop the Development Services delivery model focusing on trends in advanced automation and artificial intelligence (AI) and align with product development for continued customer success.
Who we are…
You’ll be joining an already skilled and successful team, providing direction and vision for professional development, customer success, and strategy for the team. This is a high visibility role within the company working with many business units, direct reports, and our customers. You’ll be part counselor and negotiator, problem solver, and visionary for a high-performance cross-functional team. This position requires a polished ability to deliver both written and orally, a drive for innovation, education, and commitment to success for not only the team but our clients. The ideal candidate must be able to manage a highly skilled team, work collaboratively with all ScienceLogic business units, and ensure ScienceLogic quality standards for delivered work are met.
What you’ll be doing…
- Owning the communication of project status, issues, and risks as they arise. This includes ownership of troubleshooting the entire process, from specification through deployment and beyond.
- Documenting specifications for building the solution.
- Building and customizing workflows by using a combination of tools, scripting languages, and JSON.
- Collaborating with Sales and Product during sales cycle to provide quoting and overall project build scope and schedule.
- Collaborating with API Support post-delivery on any issues and help work concerns to resolution.
- Owning the delivery and implementation methodologies for clear outcomes of go-live success, focusing on a stellar customer experience
- Project leadership with an emphasis in demonstrating proven implementations, strategies for delivery, project governance, and customer satisfaction
- Acting as the escalation point for project deliveries for both consultants and customers with a keen ability to prioritize escalations, delegate effectively, resolve escalations swiftly, remove barriers for success, and enable customer greatness
- Developing delivery plans that account for resource and client constraints which deliver a successful implementation in a concise time frame and within budget
- Quickly understanding client needs and pain points with a proven ability to make prompt and accurate judgement calls to facilitate resolutions and customer success
- Alliance with Global Leadership for collaborative communication and partnerships across all ScienceLogic business units
- Working with Product Management and Marketing to collaborate on Go to Market Strategy’s, methodology, and direction of the product
- Providing visibility for project life-cycle to internal and external stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrating leadership and agility within the political landscape when resolving or negotiating difficult situations among internal and or external stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of key performance indicators such as capacity and metrics for the business. Proactive monitoring of supply and demand to adjust resourcing needs to achieve revenue and operating income targets
- Supporting Sales organization and delivery via timely proposal, delivery plan design, and scoping support with a goal of growing revenue
- Responsible for delivery readiness, including implementation methodology updates to support release cycles and to successfully meet delivery metrics
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor of Computer Science or minimum 5 years relevant work history
- 5 or more years of experience managing a fast paced, growing professional service organization
- 5 or more years’ experience scoping, configuring, and implementing customized software solutions.
- Experience and understanding of the financial aspects of running a consulting center, enabling delivery readiness, problem solving, and root cause analysis
- Excellent project management skills and requirements-gathering experience.
- Previous experience working with highly technical products.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – you love asking those open-ended questions to really get to the root of the matter!
- Very personable, someone who is an excellent communicator and enjoys interacting with others. You will be talking to customers daily.
- Driven, independent, and resourceful.
- Highly responsible and self-motivated, with exceptional attention to detail.
ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring for the network of everything. Over 20,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on premises. With over 1,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboarding capabilities, we deliver the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing IT resources, services, and applications.