What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a System Engineer to be part of a team to help design, build, and maintain an enterprise-quality, highly-scalable resilient infrastructure for our products. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified Systems Engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
What you’ll be doing…
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with the Application Engineers to implement those fixes
- Database administration of MariaDB and noSQL data stores. This will also include performance tuning and publishing best practices
- Comfortably navigate Linux Kernel/OS features: libraries, software updates, kernel mods/updates, debugging
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write, maintain and document custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Review application engineering designs and collaborate with their teams
- Provide 2nd level support to Customer Support
- Engage with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolutions
Qualities you possess…
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.OracleLinux 7)
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of mySQL and noSQL data stores (e.g. MariaDB, HBASE, Cassandra)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, VirtualBox, Docker)
- Experience with network monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software a plus (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (TCP/IP, SNMP etc)
- Strong communications skills and be comfortable interacting with customers
- ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring for the network of everything. Over 20,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on premises. With over 1,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboarding capabilities, we deliver the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing IT resources, services, and applications.