What we’re looking for…
The Business Analyst, reporting to the Vice President of Sales Operations, will work closely with the ScienceLogic Sales organization in achieving its targets and executing on prescribed sales processes. The position requires an individual that is highly detail oriented, has strong analytical skills, enjoys problem solving, and is a creative thinker. The Business Analyst will also work closely with other internal stakeholders to identify areas of operational efficiency.
Who we are…
The Sales Operations team at ScienceLogic is made up of a group of strong sales minded and analytical professionals who are constantly striving to find innovative ways to support and guide our Sales organization. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering sales support and solutions to help grow revenue for our hybrid cloud network monitoring software.
What you’ll be doing…
- Coordinate sales forecasting and planning used within the sales organization. Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement with a particular focus around analytics, predictive indicators and measurement. Work closely with sales management and the Vice President of Sales Operations to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Run point on the development of sales compensation plans and quota setting to ensure that the sales team is aligned to corporate objectives. Provide assistance with the arbitration or clarification of compensation policies and procedures.
- Collaborate in the implementation of best practices with enabling technologies, including the Salesforce.com CRM, for the sales team and management. Ensure that specified guidelines and processes are adhered to.
- Collaborate with sales leadership in territory design and analysis to ensure that sales is aligned to corporate objectives as efficiently as possible.
- Design and develop automated reporting to support data-driven business decisions.
- Make recommendations for improving the use of salesforce.com in the areas of pricing and contract management, account management, and the elimination of process bottlenecks.
Qualities you possess…
- Four year college degree
- 4+ years in Sales Operations or Finance
- Strong experience and proficiency in a CRM system, preferably salesforce.com
- A background in compensation planning best practices is a must
- Experience with other sales tools such as Steelbrick and/or Xactly is desirable
- Strong Excel skills is required
- Proficiency in managing highly analytical initiatives
- Previous sales experience a plus
ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring for the network of everything. Over 20,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on premises. With over 1,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboarding capabilities, we deliver the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing IT resources, services, and applications.