What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Technical Trainer experienced with Network Monitoring tools to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for producing and delivering a range of product training classes to both internal staff and external customers. This role requires a passion for technology and training along with excellent communication skills.
This position requires 50% – 80% travel to customer sites in the United States and internationally.
Who we are…
The Service Delivery team is composed of groups of highly intelligent and innovative Technical Support Engineers, Professional Service Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Technical Documentation Specialists and Technical Trainers who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
- Provide both onsite and remote product training for customers and internal staff in front of between 8 and 60 people.
- Work with customers on pre-engagement calls to determine training needs and plan sessions.
- Design and develop new training materials including slides, handouts, examples, and lab systems.
- Analyze product changes to determine and implement required training material changes.
- Copy edit, fact check, and provide general feedback on training materials produced by other team members or staff.
- Participate in training planning discussions.
- Work with product managers, developers, or other subject matter experts to determine training needs and understand product functions.
- Independently research and learn non-product topics, such as protocol specifications and market trends, as needed.
- Report progress, status, and issues to management as required.
- Participate in review of project requirements to provide estimates on the amount of time required to implement changes.
Qualities you possess…
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by Operations teams (NOC, SOC, Performance Command Center, SysAdmins) trying to monitor their operations environments. Prior experience with Network and Device Monitoring software is highly beneficial.
- Prior experience with tools like Nagios, Solarwinds, OpenView, BMC, Tivoli, or any other NMS
- 3+ year’s practical training experience to senior level engineers
- Experience producing video based training
- Understanding of, or experience working with, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux command line navigation sufficient to demonstrate script execution to others
- Good understanding of networking and Internet concepts such as IP subnetting, NAT, ACL’s
- Solid grasp of database concepts such as databases, tables, auto-incrementing ID’s, primary/foreign key relationships and the ability to execute simple queries from a graphical DB browser such as PHPMyAdmin
ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring for the network of everything. Over 20,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on premises. With over 1,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboarding capabilities, we deliver the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing IT resources, services, and applications.