The Channel Account Manager (CAM) creates, maintains, and expands relationships with target channel partners in North America. Assigned to channel partners based on geography, channel, or market, the CAM is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner development objectives. The CAM represents the entire range of Company products and services to assigned partners though may focus on a specific solution or product set. The CAM reports to the Senior Director of Channel Sales.
ScienceLogic is a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The Company is looking for smart, high energy candidates who are looking to make a big impact and who want to work within a great team. The perfect candidate will thrive on taking-on challenges and will drive programs through excellent execution. The CAM will be an evangelist of new technologies to channel partners and customers. The right person will make a significant contribution to the Company’s success.
What you’ll be doing…
- Achieve subscription bookings quota for partner-initiated transactions from strategic channel partners. Exceed quarterly compensation plan.
- Generate leads by building positive working relationships with channel partners to maximize product sales from new and existing customers.
- Create, grow and manage relationships with partner senior executives and owners. Understand the partner’s strategy and position in the market and align ScienceLogic messages to those strategies.
- Sell the value of the ScienceLogic application using multiple formats and vehicles, including phone, technical whiteboard presentations, and live and online product presentations.
- Coordinate with partners to identify key sales opportunities to generate revenue. Develop and review sales proposals with partners. Set partner quotas, track and analyze partner results.
- Drive product training to partners and inform them about complimentary services offerings.
- Create and deliver partner sales training, present sales & lead generation tools.
- Resolve partner related issues and sales conflicts in a timely fashion.
- Develop partner-specific go-to-market plans to increase marketing and selling efforts.
- Assist in promotional activities to increase sales. Plan lead generation marketing events, run promotions.
- Coordinate with partners to develop joint business plan to mutually agreed on business objectives. Review business plans on regular basis. Identify partner support or investment required to make a partner successful.
- Create annual regional go-to-market channel plans.
- Manage activities and maintain activity records and reports, submit weekly updates and quarterly business reviews (QBR’s).
- Successfully work with ScienceLogic SE teams to provide partner Executive Briefing Centers, demo or lab systems, either on-site or remotely
- Collect channel program feedback from the Field, synthesize, analyze, and present to management. Perform channel program business reviews and recommend improvements.
- Present ScienceLogic products to prospects and customers at field events such as conferences, seminars, and trade shows.
- Create and maintain high partner satisfaction that meet company standards.
- Complete required product and sales training objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Coordinate the support of account managers, opportunity development representatives, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Promote relationships between ScienceLogic executives and partner management, as appropriate.
Qualities you possess…
- Three – five years of partner relationship management in technical market space.
- Ability to present technical sales and training materials.
- Ability to translate Information Technology terminology into common language and concepts that may be understood by the business community at large.
- Experience with other companies in the ITOM market space that focused on building information technology channel partnerships. Such companies might include, HP OpenView, CA NimSoft, Nagios, Zenoss, AWS, ServiceNOW, LogicMonitor, DataDog or other IT vendors
- Must possess a “can do” attitude, a willingness to learn, and be a self-starter
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively. Must have a proven track record for handling multiple projects at one time and have excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Strong customer-facing verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent PC application skills (Powerpoint, Excel), and internet research ability required.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- College degree required, MBA a plus
- Travel up to 50% across the western US region. Preferred location in Bay Area or Denver
ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT and cloud monitoring for the network of everything. More than 35,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure service assurance. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on premise. With over 3,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboard capabilities, ScienceLogic delivers the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing complex IT resources, services, and applications.